Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form
Medical Waste Management is constantly growing throughout the Gulf South and providing cost-effective solutions to our clients each and every single day. As our business continues to rapidly grow, we are always looking for new team members who are dedicated to serving our clients and embracing new challenges every day. Medical Waste Management highly values its team members and their commitment to our vision. Join our team today!
We are currently seeking a Route Driver. In this role, you will
be responsible for servicing Medical Waste Management accounts in the most
professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are always met. Provides the
highest level of customer service possible at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Follows daily given route sheets by Driver Supervisor.
• Prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are loaded.
• Pick up waste from each customer site scheduled for the day.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Driver Supervisor for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle.
• Have clear understanding of our routing and manifest technology Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Driver Supervisor.
• Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
• Communicates with Driver Supervisor regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Report any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Driver Supervisor before the close of business each day.
• Check truck for any maintenance that may need to be performed on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day and report to Driver Supervisor. Education and Experience:
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portrait a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations. • One year of customer service experience and route running experience required.
• Maintains current required drivers license, with an optimal driving record.
• Demonstrates good technology skills with MWM equipment.
• Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a Medical Waste Management approved facility.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
• Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
Under management instruction, travels to customer
facilities providing on-site sharps container rotation services. (based on the
customer contract may include Sharps,
Rx, Haz, battery separation ect) through a healthcare facility, as required or
requested. Fills in for other Team Members that are on vacation, sick, leave,
etc. Schedule varies based on coverage needs at points of the year.
• Travels between customer facilities providing on-site placement and collection of Medical Waste Management Sharps waste containers (Sharps, Rx, Haz, etc) through a healthcare facility, as required or requested.
• Travels within assigned area to visit client sites and proactively resolve customer service questions, problems, and issues.
• Assist with installation of cabinets and brackets in new and existing healthcare facilities.
•Communicates duty status on a defined scheduled basis.
• Performs other related duties as needed.
• Maintain clear understanding of inventory and budget for supplies.
• Follow all medical Waste Management Safe Work Practices.
•Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or GED.
•Demonstrating strong communication skills and tact in providing superior service in a variety of settings and situations.
•Two or more years of customer service experience •Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must possess reliable transportation to travel between MWM customer facilities.
•Demonstrates ability to with little supervision
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
This position is responsible incremental revenue
through inbound and outbound sales calls. This includes lead campaigns and telephone
prospecting targeting SQ1,2,3. existing customers and potential customers.
Conducts business needs analysis and develops appropriate service solutions for
the customer/potential customers. Focuses sales activities on value-added
services such as the Compliance program. Responsible for retaining customers
that are considered, have been identified as potential lost business. Determine
customers’ needs/requirements and negotiate an appropriate resolution by right
sizing, price adjustments, and/or resolving service quality issues.
• Makes outbound and receives inbound sales calls for potentially new and/or existing customers to sell our products and/or services. Acquires new customers and converts existing customers through prospecting in assigned territory, outbound marketing/lead campaigns and referrals
• Effectively qualify clients through the use of Value-Based selling methods. Researches customer/prospect history and business needs in order to develop a complete service proposal, while targeting upgrade and cross-sell opportunities of additional. Sell the value of the recommended solution,
• Respond to customer concerns and proactively contact customers who have been identified as “at risk” for cancelling services using approved sales tactics and strategies to retain potential lost business. Utilize our proven sales technique to uncover client’s problems with current provider.
• Builds a pipeline of potential future business by prospecting via the Internet, assigned territory lists, GPO Leads and other sources as identified. Effectively meets assigned minimum job requirements.
• Work with cross functional team members including transportation, billing, collections, sales, and customer experience departments to assist in providing satisfactory solutions from the customer perspective in order to retain business, and leverage communication from other departments to identify sales opportunities.
• Effectively uses technology for lead follow-up, sale cycle disposition, pipeline management, forecasting and lost opportunity tracking. Keeps comprehensive and accurate note.
• Provide tracking data to sales manager to assist in developing policies and programs to help drive sales.
• Perform other miscellaneous and related duties as required or requested.
• Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in sales or marketing preferred, demonstrating good knowledge of business processes and order entry systems. Or Bachelor’s degree in other related field, with previous sales and/or marketing experience. Or two or more years of outbound sales experience, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to manage and develop existing and prospective accounts. Must have experience with customer relations and support as well as exhibit leadership abilities.
• Demonstrates general knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and contract management software.
• Demonstrates the desire and ability to learn company billing/customer database software in addition to learning the features of all company services and products and different levels of account options.
• Demonstrating a general knowledge of OSHA Regulations desirable. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.